Tuesday, June 5, 2018

NIOS students facing difficulties with their exam results

NIOS students facing difficulties with their exam results



NIOS students, who had appeared for the exams of the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) are facing lots of difficulties in getting their mark sheets corrected. The results of the NIOS were announced on Saturdays. Some students are alleging that they have been marked absent in their mark sheets for the exams they have written and other students have scored single digit marks in certain subjects, which they claim to be impossibly low. Saket Prasad was marked absent in the Physics exam and has scored only six marks in the Chemistry exam. He said “I took the exam at the Distance Learning Institute in Model Colony and everybody at the examination hall has either been marked absent in physics, or has received low marks in chemistry. I was supposed to send my results tomorrow (Tuesday) to the JEE Advanced website but I have now lost out on that… I tried to contact officials at the JEE through their helpline, they said they could not make any exceptions in my case. I submitted a letter today (Monday) at the NIOS office but they told me it might take more than a month to respond…”. Nilesh Hiremath, the father of Ninad Hiremath, another student, said that he is a bright student, who scored 85 percent marks in class X. “He is a bright student who scored above 85 percent in Class X, he could not have scored single-digit marks. I went to the exam center and verified that his signature was on the attendance sheet for the physics exam… why was he marked absent? I went to the NIOS regional center and met many parents who had similar complaints. The regional center authorities told us that our complaints have been sent to the higher authorities,” he said. For the students, it is a race against time as they can lose a year or admissions to the college of their choice. Sweta Yadav, who has scored six marks in chemistry, said, “I have been told that even if I apply for a revaluation, the results will mostly be out either in August or September. So, whatever I do, I will lose a year. I have heard that some of the students from Commerce and Arts streams have been marked absent in two subjects.”



source https://www.brainbuxa.com/education-news/nios-students-facing-difficulties-with-their-exam-results-8372

No comments:

Post a Comment