Monday, August 13, 2018

I am 78-years old and I am still a student : Vishnu Swaroop Saksena

I am 78-years old and I am still a student : Vishnu Swaroop Saksena



It was JNU’s second convocation , where Vishnu Swaroop Saksena, a 78-years old education enthusiast was conferred with the Ph.D. degree. He enrolled at JUN after he retired in 2008 from his service. He began his research ‘the trail of two ancient scripts - Brahmi and Kharoshti’ in 2012. "As a student I welcome the move of convocation as it gives us a platform to receive degrees formally. It was my first ever degree as I could not receive my Bachelor's degree," said Saksena. Studying at the age of retirement was fun and a completely new experience for him, he said. "I enjoyed talking to people and reaching grassroots during my research. It provided me with first hand information on ancient history," he says. Talking about his experience at the JNU he said that adjusting in the college environment was easy for him because JNU has a very open culture. "I love the openness with which the university functions. Teachers were accessible and I learnt a lot. I enjoyed knowing new things, poetry and discussions around literature. Even after getting the degree I feel that I am still a student, still a learner," says Saksena. "I had a great time because I studied to learn with no agenda in mind. Everyone should enjoy their studies and should not aim for anything else but knowledge," he says.



source https://www.brainbuxa.com/education-news/i-am-78-years-old-and-i-am-still-a-student-vishnu-swaroop-saksena-8593

No comments:

Post a Comment