Thursday, November 1, 2018

Dayal Singh college principal held classes in the open

Dayal Singh college principal held classes in the open



Amid the standoff going between Principal and the governing body of the Dyal Singh College (DSC Morning), Principal S Bakshi was not allowed to enter the college which forced him to take his class outside in the open and on the floor. Bakshi said that he has filed complaint against the same. The college teacher’s body had said that they will go on strike if the acting chairman of the college was not immediately removed from his position. The teachers also received support from the MLA Manjinder Singh Sirsa of Rajouri Garden area. “I had gone to the college on Monday to take my class. At that time there was no problem. But today, the guards stopped me at the gate, and said the chairman’s orders prohibited my entry. Then I called my students, roughly 25 of them, and took my class outside, sitting on the floor. I also informed the police and gave them a written complaint,” Bakshi said. Meanwhile, the DSC Teachers’ Association said Sinha had “compounded the crisis”. “The sordid drama unfolding here cannot be tolerated any longer and DSCTA along with JAC (Joint Action Committee) and DUTA will be forced to go on protest… if Mr Sinha is not removed immediately from the post of chairman… As a matter of fact, renewal of his term is due on November 3, and if DU authorities do not accept our demand, DSCTA will be forced to take precipitative action from November 5 onwards,” said DSCTA president P K Parihar. Sinha however said, “Yesterday I had a long meeting with the Vice-Chancellor. He asked me to continue but I expressed my inability to continue because of my professional compulsions. Everybody knows this, some people are trying to take advantage of this information to further their political agenda.”



source https://www.brainbuxa.com/education-news/dayal-singh-college-principal-held-classes-in-the-open-8818

No comments:

Post a Comment